This article describes the steps for moving MicroCourier to a hard disk for use with Catalyst and Apple III.
These instructions assume you are moving MicroCourier to a ProFile (with driver name .PROFILE). Substitute the name of your hard disk driver for .PROFILE if you wish to install MicroCourier on a different hard disk.
1. From the Catalyst main menu, select the System Utilities Program.
2. Enter "F" for FILE HANDLING COMMANDS.
3. Enter "M" for MAKE A NEW SUBDIRECTORY.
4. Enter "CATALYST/COURIER" with a default size of 25 files.
5. Press "ESCAPE".
6. Enter "C" for COPY FILES.
7. Copy all files from the PROGRAM disk to the subdirectory "CATALYST/COURIER/="
To do this, type ".D1/" and press the up arrow key. A list of files are displayed in a box. The up and down arrow keys allow you to move an inverse bar over the name of your choice. Pressing the right arrow key marks the file so as to include it in the copy process. Mark all files to be copied in this way. When all files are marked, press RETURN.
8. When all files have been copied, press ESCAPE.
ADDING MICROCOURIER TO THE CATALYST MENU
1. Return to the Catalyst main menu.
2. Select the Catalyst Editor.
3. Enter "E" to edit the menu.
4. Use the up and down arrow keys to position the inverse bar over the entry you want the program to precede. Press "A" to ADD a program entry.
5. You will be asked for the display name of this program, enter "MICROCOURIER"
6. Enter "CATALYST/PASCAL" as the interpreter path name.
7. You will be asked if you want "EXTRA DRIVERS". Enter ".RS232".
8. Press RETURN for standard character set.
9. Press RETURN for the normal screen.
10. Press RETURN for the default keyboard.
11. Press RETURN for initial prefix.
12. Press RETURN for the "Max Files Allowed open ..." question. This will allow the program to be exited only by the QUIT option in Microcourier. This procedure is suggested due to the fact that files and /or data may be lost if the double Apple escape option is used.
13. Enter "CATALYST/COURIER/SYSTEM.STARTUP" for the program path.
14. You will be asked if this entry is correct. If it is, enter "Y" then press ESCAPE to exit to the main edit menu. If you made any mistakes during entry, enter "N". You may then enter the number of the item you wish to correct. When all items are correct, press ESCAPE. Press ESCAPE again to exit to the main edit menu.
15. Enter "5" to update the INTERPS file. When you are asked if you want to recalculate the load address, enter "N".
16. Exit to the Catalyst main menu by entering "Q".
This article provides information about a non-Apple product. Apple Computer, Inc. is not responsible for its content. Please contact the vendor for additional information.